Friday, December 11, 2009

Diagnosis Update

We met with Dr. Weiss again today for a check-up. Everything looks good (at least from a surgeon's point of view, LOL). He did leave my drains in (darn) until Tuesday, however the bandages are off the port implant incision. I looks just lovely.

Now for the pathology report... I do have stage 3A cancer. That means that cancer was found in some lymph nodes, but not all that were taken out. There was no cancer found near the margins of the mastectomy, so they are confident it was all removed.

This adds a bit from what we were originally told, but was what we were expecting to hear. I will have to have radiation as well as chemotherapy, due to the cancer metastasizing to the lymph nodes. I guess if I am going to have cancer...I might as well go for the full experience!

Dr. Weiss continues to be confident and almost excited about my triple positive status. (See "The Diagnosis" from November 21, 2009). It is the silver lining that will bring remission.

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Full experience indeed. I wouldn't expect you to want it any other way... (although I must have been around you enough that it's rubbed off on me some because I find myself with that attitude at times... just one more reason to be so glad you are my friend.)

    ~Hugs~
    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jenn, you are in my thoughts and prayers! I'm glad your
    mom found me cause I think of you ofton. Especially when I'm on my way to my mother in laws and pass by your old home in Watsonville. You hang in there with every fiber of your being Jenn! You have always been strong and wonderful.
    Wendy Oberst Mello

    ReplyDelete

Blog comments tip: I realized there was a setting to make it easier to leave a comment. If you have had problems, give it a new try. Select "anonymous" from the drop down menu after your comment (and REMEMBER TO LEAVE YOUR NAME!) Your comments help keep me going!